Some of the key points on the new, bigger and badder Fall of Cybertron Escalation mode include:
- You can choose the difficulty for the Escalation mode.
- Four player characters per stage, different characters for different stages. Warpath is playable on one stage.
- The game points out the last three enemies on a wave.
- You can now open doors by paying 50% deposits.
- Each room you unlock has a "loot tube", described as a mystery box of weapons and add-ons to enable you to destroy enemies. It's a random item generator.
- There are upgrade stations, more expensive ways to power up your team. Upgrades stack and affect all players on your team.
- There are traps, which can be used to set up ambushes for enemies.
- You can also unlock a gunship, which roams the map blasting enemies for you.
- Warpath is playable
- Upgrading is expensive but applies to the whole team
- There are addition game setups
Be sure to check out the full video of Escalation mode in Fall of Cybertron on Gametrailers to see this returning gameplay mode in action!